Crunchy Snickerdoodle Biscotti.
- 1 cup butter
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 3/4 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup cinnamon sugar
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place rack in center of oven.
- Cream together softened butter and sugar. Add eggs and beat on low speed until well blended. Sift together flour, baking powder and salt.
- Stir the dry ingredients into the butter mixture just until blended and form into a soft ball. If it’s too sticky to handle cool in the refrigerator for a few minutes.
- Line a 10″ x 14″ cookie sheet with parchment paper. Press the cookie dough by hand onto the pan or use a small roller. It doesn’t have to be perfect! The less you handle it the better.
- Make a cinnamon sugar mix with 1/3 cup sugar and 2 teaspoons of cinnamon. The ratio of sugar to cinnamon is a personal perference as some like more cinnamon. Sprinkle across dough evenly.
- Bake for 12 minutes and remove from oven. While still in the pan carefully cut into 1″ strips and then in half down the center to create 24 – 26 pieces. Using a spatula nudge them a part a little and return to the oven for 10 more minutes.
- Turn off the oven and remove the cookies. Allow to cool 5 minutes.
- Transfer to a wire rack and return to the warm oven for another 10 minutes or so to dry. You may want to place a cookie sheet under the rack to keep the sugar from making a mess in your oven.
- Cool completely before storing.