A salad with a lot of delicious flavor. Great for picnics!
- 7 ounce box of long grain & wild rice
- 2 wheels green onions, sliced
- 1 – 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/2 cup almonds, sliced thin, oven roasted – no salt
- 3 – 4 whole shiitake mushroom caps, sliced thin
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 3 Tablespoons Balsamic vinegar
- 1 dash salt & pepper
Prepare rice according to box; set aside. In a large skillet, warm olive oil over medium heat. Add onions, garlic, almonds, and mushrooms. Cook until tender, about 8 minutes. Remove from heat, add cooked skillet ingredients to rice. Pour Balsamic vinegar over rice, along with salt & pepper. Mix thoroughly.
Serve warm, or chilled.