Wow is this soup good, hearty and simple and best of all low calorie and low fat! I opened my fridge and used the vegetables I had on hand. You could add, substitute and use your favorites. There is nothing better than a big bowl of soup on a cold winter’s day. Eat up, it’s healthy!
- 4 cups vegetable broth/stock
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) diced tomato including liquid
- 1 can (5.5 fluid ounces) spicy hot V8 juice
- 1 1/2 cups carrots, cut in chunks or sliced
- 1 can (15.25 ounces) lima beans, drained
- 2 cups zucchini, sliced
- 1 tablespoon onion, chopped finely
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
Mix all the ingredients together in a stock pot. Cook over medium heat until the mixture is boiling. Reduce heat and simmer until carrots are just tender. Makes 6 servings.