Around here we love our grits.
Most people like them plain with just a little salt and butter. But… that’s a little dull to me.
Here’s how I used some smoked salmon with some leftover grits one afternoon and thought I’d share it with y’all.
3 cups cooked grits, cooled
½ beaten egg
½ teaspoon garlic salt
3 ounces smoked salmon, chopped
cooking oil spray
2/3 cup mayonnaise
1 teaspoon dried dill weed
2 teaspoons lemon zest
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1 teaspoon minced garlic
- Cook grits and cool in the refrigerator.
- When cooled mix with egg, garlic salt and salmon.
- Heat skillet over medium-high and spray generously with cooking oil spray.
- Drop batter in ¼ cup portions in pan and cook 5-6 minutes.
- Turn carefully onto a clean spot in the pan that has been freshly sprayed with cooking oil.
- Cook 3-4 more minutes and remove to a platter.
- While cooking the cakes mix the last 5 ingredients together to make the Lemon-Dill Mayonnaise.
Makes: 15 cakes