Tropical inspired burger made from ground salmon topped with grilled pineapple.
- 16 ounce Salmon, canned
- 1 whole Egg
- 1 Tablespoon Stone ground mustard
- 1 Tablespoon Soy sauce
- 1 Tablespoon Chives, (I used dried)
- 4 whole Pineapple slices, preferably fresh
- 1/2 cup Mayo
- 1 Tablespoon Srirachia sauce, to taste
- 4 whole Bagels, fresh, halved and toasted
- 4 whole Green leaf lettuce leaves
Combine the salmon through chives in a mixing bowl, refrigerate for at least 30 minutes to a couple of hours. Mix mayo with the Srirachia, using enough of both to your taste. If you put a little bit of the Srirachia, you’ll get a little kick without too much heat. It’s one of those things you have to test to know what you can handle.
This spicy mayo is so good.
Prepare grill and make burger size patties with the salmon mixture. Add both burgers and pineapple rings to the grill. Pineapple should be done after about 3 minutes each side – depending on your grill, the burgers about 5-6 minutes each side.
Spread the mayo on each side of the bagel; add the salmon burger, then lettuce and pineapple.
Read more Family, Food and Memories!