A spicy cupcake with a sweet vanilla buttercream icing & drizzled with caramel.
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 whole eggs, room temperature
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 15 oz can pumpkin
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
Makes 24 cupcakes
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line cupcake tins with cupcake papers.
- In a large mixing bowl, add vegetable oil, sugars, eggs, and salt. Beat with electric mixer on medium speed until everything is completely blended. Add cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder, and vanilla; mix again. Lastly, add pumpkin, milk, and flour; mix thoroughly.
- Fill cupcake papers about 2/3 full. Bake for approximately 10 minutes, or until toothpick comes clean when inserted into center of cupcakes.
- Completely cool cupcakes before frosting. Frost with vanilla butter cream icing. Let frosting firm up slightly before drizzling caramel sauce on top.
- *Note – it is normal for these cupcakes to settle slightly once removed from the oven. This recipe produces a very moist and dense cupcake.