Baked apple doughnut holes with pure maple syrup
- 1 whole egg
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 whole Ida Red apple, peeled and grated
- 2 Tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup cinnamon & sugar mixture
In large bowl, add egg, oil, sugars, and grated apple; mix thoroughly. Mix in maple syrup, pumpkin pie spice, salt, and baking powder. Add flour and milk; mix until all ingredients are completely blended.
Using a BabyCakes maker, bake the doughnuts. After removing them from the maker, roll in cinnamon & sugar. Store in a paper bag to avoid having the cinnamon & sugar-coating disappear. *If stored in an airtight container the coating will disappear and you will need to re-coat them before serving.