Lamb cooked in just three ingredients.
- 3 pounds lamb – cubed
- 3 pounds onions – chopped
- 10-20 whole dry red chilly
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2- 1 cup water
1. Heat oil in a large pressure cooker. When the oil get smoking hot, tear the dry red chilies into half and add them to the hot oil. Let them sizzle and cook for 60 seconds.
2. Throw in the onions and little salt. Cook on low flame for 10 minutes until the onions brown.
3.Finally add the cleaned and cubed lambs and water. Mix well to combine.
4. Cover the pressure cooker with the lid and cook for 8-10 whistles.Once the steam has settled down, open the lid and slowly remove the lamb pieces in a clean container leaving behind the liquid. Turn on the stove to high and reduce the liquid to less than half the amount, or until they turn syrupy.
5. At this point, mix in the cooked juicy lamb and cook for further 2-3 minutes. or
Traditional slow cooking method
1. Cook in a large cooking pot. Follow the same steps as in the previous method. But instead of the letting it whistle, cook them covered for 45-60 minutes stirring every now and then.
Serve hot with rice, ghee and yogurt.
This post was originally submitted to BeBetsy from Vijitha of Spices and Aroma who was previously a contributing writer.