This recipe is wonderful for tailgating or just snaking at home. We love coconut and the combination of orange and teriyaki. Try this tasty combination of some of our favorite flavors!
- 12 ounce jar orange marmalade
- 1 tablespoon teriyaki sauce
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 7 ounce bag shredded coconut
- 40 toothpicks
- 2- 8 ounce cans pineapple chunks, drained
- In a medium saucepan over high heat combine and heat the marmalade and teriyaki sauce.
- Meanwhile cut the chicken into 40 cubes.
- When the sauce is hot add the chicken and cook thoroughly.
- Remove the chicken.
- Remove 4 tablespoons of the sauce and mix in a small bowl with the cornstarch.
- Add back to the pot through a sieve and blend well.
- Stir until very thick.
- Return the chicken to the saucepan and stir to coat well.
- Empty the shredded coconut in a medium size bowl and one at a time coat each piece of chicken.
- Spear a chunk of pineapple with a toothpick and then add a piece of coated chicken.
Makes 40 chicken bites