These blondies. Damn them. Last week on one of my off days, while reaching for my Special K, I noticed that not only did I have a bag of chocolate chips shoved to the back of the pantry, but I also had 1/2 of a bag of Heath toffee bits.
Do I care if I have chocolate chips or toffee bits? Hell no. I was obviously ovulating. I wanted to taste something sweet.
The toffee and chocolate chips were talking to me. And I hate when the whole “Oh, I don’t care for anything sweet” thing of mine gets made a fool of.
So, on behalf of my ovaries, here’s some blondies just for you. And also for my little family, cause they did so enjoy them.
Chocolate Toffee Brownies
Adapted from Lovin’ From The Oven
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup chopped Heath bits
- 8 oz chocolate chips – divided in half
- 2 tbsp Crisco shortening
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream together the brown sugar and melted butter. Beat in the egg and vanilla. Add the dry ingredients to the batter and mix until blended.
- Stir in the Heath bits and half the chocolate chips and pour into a greased 8×8 pan.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes.
- Let them cool completely before cutting.
- Stir the other half of chocolate chips with the shortening and microwave for 30 seconds at a time, stirring in between, until melted.
- Drizzle chocolate over blondies.