Ok, so fine, whatever, I’ve been baking again. You caught me.
Do I need to lose the stigma of the “no baking food blogger that loves jalapenos“? No, please don’t take that from me – I love that stigma. Come on, a girl can bake every now and then. Now, these happen to be the most moist, dense, perfect cupcakes I’ve ever made in my life.
And, by the way, if you know cake – you should know that dense means HOMEMADE and the real deal. How do I know that?
I have no idea.
But it’s true.
I mean, I do have a husband and two kids that love sweets. I can’t avoid baking, right?
So, anyway, yes I’ll be posting a jalapeno recipe or something along those lines in the next day or two, but today bear with me. I see sheer happiness exuding from my family when I bake.
Ok, maybe I’m exaggerating a little but I kinda mean it. These people love cakes, cookies, things like that. I don’t, but I love making them happy ’cause I love them so much.
I get nothing out of it! Ok, fine, maybe a blog post or two.
And of course y’all deserve it too.
Chocolate Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting
- 2 cups white sugar
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, at room temp
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa
- 3 eggs, whisked
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
For the Frosting
- 2 packages cream cheese, at room temp
- 1 stick butter
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Butter and flour two 9″ cake pans; set aside.
- In a stand mixer, cream sugar and butter.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating in between each addition.
- Add flour and cocoa 1/2 cup at a time, beating in between on low.
- Add milk and vanilla and beat until thoroughly combined.
- Divide between the two cake pans; only filling 3/4 full.
- For Frosting:
- Cream together cream cheese and butter until smooth.
- Add powdered sugar 1/2 cup at a time, scraping down the sides of the bowl.
- Add vanilla, beat until combined.
Just so you know…
Tomorrow, I’m making something hot as hell.