A hearty dinner salad with low-fat yogurt ranch dressing.
- 1 organic chicken breast
- 3 Tablespoons Italian dressing
- 2 strips thin-cut bacon
- 1 cup low fat plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup walnut pieces
- 1/8 cup crumbled bleu cheese
- 1/2 Tablespoon dried parsley
- 1/2 Tablespoon chopped chives
- 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cups baby lettuce, endive, radicchio, baby spinach
- -pinch sea salt
Marinate chicken breast in Italian dressing at room temperature for 30 minutes.
Preheat grill to medium high then reduce heat to medium before grilling. Grill chicken breast for approximately 12-15 minutes – turn over – continue grilling for another 5 minutes or until cooked thoroughly. Remove from heat – set aside to cool.
Place bacon on several layer of paper towels on a microwave safe plate and cook on high 5 minutes at a time until desired crispness. Set aside to cool.
In a medium bowl combine yogurt, parsley, chives, dill, garlic and onion powders, black pepper and sea salt. Whisk well.
Crumble cooled bacon – cut chicken breast into strips and top salad greens with remaining ingredients. Enjoy!