A delightful childhood recipe redone!!!
- 1 (32 ounce) container chicken broth
- 3 cups cooked chicken, shredded or cut into chunks
- 1 (10 & 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1/4 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/2 cup carrots, diced
- 1/2 cup celery, diced
- 1 small can refrigerated jumbo buttermilk biscuits (6 biscuits)
Bring the first four ingredients to a boil over medium-high heat. Cover and reduce heat to simmer. Cook for 10 minutes.
Place the biscuits, one at a time, on a floured surface. Roll each biscuit out to approximately 1/8 inch thickness. Cut in 1/2 inch wide strips.
Remove cover from the pan, turn heat up to medium-high. Add the carrots and the celery. When the mixture is once again boiling, drop the biscuits strips in one at a time.
Stir to make sure they are not stuck together. Cover and reduce heat to simmer. Cook 20 minutes stirring occasionally to prevent dumplings from sticking together.
Yields 4 to 6 servings.