Pear, Asparagus and Cheese wrapped up and baked in puff pastry.
This recipe was submitted to BeBetsy by Megan Pence of Country Cleaver.
- 1 sheet Puff Pastry
- 8 stalks Asparagus, trimmed and halved
- 3 ounces Beechers Flagship Cheese
- 1/2 Bartlett Pear, thinly sliced
- 1 egg, for wash
- Ground Pepper
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees. Layer non-stick pan with parchment paper.
- Roll out puff pastry on a floured surface. Using knife, slice into elongated diamond shapes.
- Lay 2-3 pieces of asparagus onto puff pastry “hamburger-style” so the longer edges of the puff pastry can be folded over later.
- Top asparagus with crumbles of Beecher’s cheese and 1 slice of pear. Season with a dash of ground pepper and quick squeeze of lemon.
- Fold elongated corners of puff pastry over the cheese, pear and asparagus. It’s okay if the asparagus and pear are sticking out.
- Using a pastry brush, brush on some egg that has been beaten with a fork. Bake bites for 15 minutes. Serve while still warm.This recipe was submitted to BeBetsy by Megan Pence of Country Cleaver.