Moist, tender cornbread with a little zip.
- 2 cups buttermilk baking mix
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 4 ounce can diced green chilis
- 1 cup cheddar or pepper jack cheese, shredded
- In a large bowl combine dry ingredients. Add milk and eggs and beat until blended. Stir in melted butter, green chili and cheese. Pour into a greased 8″ x 11″ baking pan.
- Bake ta 350 degrees for 35 – 40 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out dry.
This is my husband’s recipe and it goes great with his chili!