I hope you all had a fantastic Christmas and got everything you wanted! My tree is packed up; great room is vacuumed.
We are now back to normal. Ok, so, yeah –
You’re gonna want to go ahead and make these. They were inspired by How Sweet It Is. She needs to STOP with all her foodie lusciousness.
I have enough on my to-make list without her adding to it.
But I’m so glad she did! Enjoy.
- 1 lb. flank steak (or top round)
- Plenty of sea salt
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp all purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sherry cooking wine
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 package slider buns or dinner rolls, halved
- Sprinkle steak with salt; let rest for 15 minutes, rinse off and pat dry.
- Bring a skillet over medium heat with olive oil.
- Add steak and cook for 3-4 minutes on each side, until seared. Remove from heat and cover with aluminum foil. (At this point if you want your slider buns buttered and toasted go ahead and do that ;))
- Combine flour and sherry in a medium sized pan over medium heat until it’s almost boiling.
- Add cheese and garlic powder. Whisk until thick; remove from heat.
- Slice steak and add to slider buns.
- Drizzle cheese sauce over steak and add arugula.